We introduce a hand-gesture-based management interface for navigating a car-robot. A 2-axis accelerometer is adapted to record a user’s hand trajectories. The mechanical phenomenon information is transmitted wirelessly via an RF module. The received trajectories are then classified to 1 of 4 commands for navigating a car-robot and 2 management commands for claw/robotic arm.
This robot could be a prototype however its applications are huge. It makes use of the tilt sensing element/acceleration sensor to move forward/reverse/ right/left. several people have played games on android phones wherever you simply tilt your phone to form the character within the game to try and do an action. similar technology is used here. A tilt sensor is found on a remote. The remote and robot are connected/do communication using wireless technology. after you tilt the remote forward the robot moves forward and after you tilt the remote backward the robot moves back. Same for right and left. the robot will be simply controlled at an of among a hundred meters range. This project is a hand-gesture-based control interface for navigating a car-robot. A 2-axis accelerometer is adapted to record a user’s hand trajectories. The mechanical phenomenon information is transmitted wirelessly via an RF module (TR). The received trajectories are then classified for navigating a car-robot.
New intelligent algorithms might help robots to quickly recognize and reply to human gestures. Researchers in past have created a technical computer-related program that recognises human gestures quickly and accurately and needs little or no coaching. Interface enhancements quite anything has triggered explosive growth in robotics. Teitelman in 1964 developed the primary trainable gesture recognizer. it absolutely was quite common in light-pen-based systems to include some gesture recognition, as an example within the AMBIT/G system (1968 — ARPA funded). A gesture-based text editor mistreatment proof-reading symbols were developed at CMU by Michael Coleman in 1969. Gesture recognition has been employed in business CAD systems since the 1970s. moreover, the analysis that may cause the user interfaces for the computers of tomorrow is occurring at universities and a couple of company analysis labs.
- Gesture Driven systems are simpler and easier to operate. Any common man with basic knowledge can operate it.
- This system tends to penetrate deeper in everyday use rather than being confined in research labs.
- It will open a new era in Home automation and remotely operated utility devices at households. Even physically disabled can gain benefit.
- With proper wireless connectivity, gesture recognition can provide a simple and reliable solution to household activities.
- Complex and realistic physical interactions in the animation Industry.
- Gesture recognition can be seen as a way for computers to begin to understand human body language, thus building a richer bridge between machines and humans than primitive text user interfaces or even GUIs (graphical user interfaces), which still limit the majority of input to keyboard and mouse
- Gesture recognition enables humans to interface with the machine (HMI) and interacts naturally without any mechanical devices
VIII. Future Scope
- Wireless modules consume very low power and are best suited for wireless, battery-driven devices.
- Advanced robotic arms that are designed like the human hand itself can easily be controlled using hand gestures only.
- Proposed utility in fields of Construction, Hazardous waste disposal, Medical science.
- Combination of Heads Up displays, Wired Gloves, Haptictactile sensors, Omnidirectional Treadmills may produce a feeling of physical places during simulated environments.
- VR simulation may prove to be crucial for Military, LAW enforcement and Medical Surgeries.
So, we create a lot of interest and aspirations for robotics as well as to other electronics projects with an option to buy engineering project kits online. At the education level, projects on robotics are gaining wide popularity, few projects are line-following robots, pick & place robots, fire fighting Robots, wall tracking Robots, humanoids, etc. Most projects are effectively done as they can buy electronic project kits online which are easily available. So, we tend to discuss and suggest engineering students select from these robotic kits online as these are capable of operating successfully.